Whether you’ve been in recovery for a long time or you’re just beginning your journey, it can be difficult to stay motivated and continue working toward lifelong recovery. Here’s a list of inspirational quotes to help you keep a positive mindset and stay on track with your goals.
- “You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed or unworthy. You were created to be victorious.” – Joel Osteen
- “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
- “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “We honor ourselves when we speak out for recovery. We show the world that recovery matters because it brings hope and peace into the lives of individuals and their loved ones.” – Beth Wilson
- “It’s gonna get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first.” – Anonymous
- “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne
- “Change must start from the individual. And the individual must want and feel ready to make such change.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
- “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them — every day begin the task anew.” –Saint Francis De Sales
- “They tell you how it’ll all get better and better as you abstain and recover: they somehow omit to mention that the way it gets better and you get better is through pain. Not around pain, or in spite of it.” – David Foster Wallace
- “Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that doesn’t get a day off.” – Demi Lovato
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Ghandi
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” –Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, ‘I’ll try again tomorrow.’” –Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It’s yours.” – Ayn Rand
- “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “Addiction begins with the hope that something ‘out there’ can instantly fill up the emptiness inside.” –Jean Kilbourne
The bottom line of all these quotes? You’re the writer of your own story and you have the strength to make it anything you want.
If you’re looking for a way to get help, reach out to us. Our mission is “Restoring the Human Spirit through Recovery.”